Miskin Mill is located near Pontyclun and Llantrisant, the home of the Royal Mint. There has been a water driven corn mill for most of the last 400 years. Since 1929 the site of the mill and the area around it has been in continuous use by Scouts for camping and training purposes. At first a nominal rent was paid to the Lord of the Manor for use of the site and then in 1965 it was purchased by the Welsh Scout Council. In 1985 it was handed over to the joint ownership of the Mid and South Glamorgan County Scout Councils as they were known then.
There are three buildings some over 250 years old, 'The Mill' with kitchen, eating and activity room facilities, 'The Cottage' with activity rooms, and now open is 'The Lodge', sleeping accommodation for 32, centrally heated with toilet facilities. These are set in about 3 acres of flat, tree lined fields which are bounded to the South by the river Ely across which a permanent footbridge, built in 1992, provides access to about 4 acres of woodland known as Mill Wood.
Click here for more information.